jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Gash" <Simon.G...@gossinteractive.com>
Subject Repository Fatal Error
Date Fri, 13 May 2005 11:09:15 GMT
I'm using JackRabbit to store some RSS feeds but now and again I get a
fatal error from the repository. I'm guessing that there is some text in
the RSS title that JackRabbit does not like (I'm attempting to strip out
punctuation but I'm probably missing something.

Is there a way of repairing the repository ? and is there a way of
validating the input before I use it to create a node ?

This is the repository exception I get

[Fatal Error] :30:24: The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in
the entity reference.
ERROR:  'The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in the entity
reference.'
java.util.NoSuchElementException: failed to retrieve item state of item
e2fa4f29-c6f7-4b46-b0d3-09568f564e0d

Come visit us at:

Internet World 2005. June 14 - 16, Earls Court, Stand # A60

Government Computing Expo. June 21 & 22, Earls Court, Stand # 804

SOCITM Annual Event. October 16 - 18 Brighton Hotel, Stand # 28
GOSS - Ranked 4th in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Awards 2004 and 88th in the Deloitte
Technology Fast 500 EMEA.

This email contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally privileged.

Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as information may be
intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses. This
email and any files attached to it have been checked with virus detection software before
viruses.