jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Gash" <Simon.G...@gossinteractive.com>
Subject RE: builtin_nodetypes.xml Invalid
Date Fri, 06 May 2005 08:34:26 GMT
Thanks for the reply. Sadly I can't remember the XML parser version, I
was too eager to get the repository working again.

I did debug it and you are right the were no namespace declaration
attributes at all. At this point I e-mailed the forum.

Anyway thanks for looking at the DTD, although it clearly wasn't the
problem it did add some confusion.

Thanks

Simon

-----Original Message-----
From: Jukka Zitting [mailto:jz@yukatan.fi]
Sent: 05 May 2005 19:59
To: Jackrabbit
Subject: Re: builtin_nodetypes.xml Invalid

Hi,

Good to know that you already found a workaround to this problem. Here's
some thoughts of what might be the cause.

Simon Gash wrote:
> I'm having a problem with a particular installation of jackrabbit
> running in Eclipse 3.1. I keep getting an exception.
>
> javax.jcr.RepositoryException: internal error: invalid built-in node
> type definition stored in
> org/apache/jackrabbit/core/nodetype/builtin_nodetypes.xml: Invalid
> namespace reference in a node type definition: nt: Invalid namespace
> reference in a node type definition: nt

It seems as if the xmlns:nt namespace setting is not being read by the
nodetype reader. The reader code reads all xmlns:* attributes from the
root element of the nodetype configuration file and uses them to set up
the namespace mappings.

I recall a problem in some XML parser implementation that loses the
namespace declaration attributes when using the standard DOM access
methods. This was a somewhat controversial issue (should the namespace
attributes be visible?), but I think the correct answer was that they
should be for standard DOM-level access.

I suspect that this is the cause of your problem, especially as you were
able to fix it by cleaning up the classpath. Can you recall if you had
any specific XML parser implementations on the classpath?

> On investigation I tried to load builtin_nodetypes.xml into xml spy
> but it fails to validate. Is there something wrong or am I missing
> something.

It could well be that the XML file no longer conforms with the inline
DTD included at the beginning of the file. The file is never validated
against the DTD when it is accessed by Jackrabbit. I'll investigate this
and commit a fix if I find the problem.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Come visit us at:

Internet World 2005. June 14 - 16, Earls Court, Stand # A60

Government Computing Expo. June 21 & 22, Earls Court, Stand # 804

SOCITM Annual Event. October 16 - 18 Brighton Hotel, Stand # 28
GOSS - Ranked 4th in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Awards 2004 and 88th in the Deloitte
Technology Fast 500 EMEA.

This email contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally privileged.

Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as information may be
intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses. This
email and any files attached to it have been checked with virus detection software before
viruses.