jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "McComsey, Doug" <Doug.Mccom...@ca.com>
Subject Questions on TCK test; testAddNodeRepositoryExceptionSaveOnNewNode
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 20:02:26 GMT
In the TCK there this test:

    org.apache.jackrabbit.test.api.AddNodeTest

    testAddNodeRepositoryExceptionSaveOnNewNode

This test adds a new node and attempts to save it. It expects a
RepositoryException. My implementation fails that test because my save
succeeds and does not throw an exception.

1. Why is an immediate save of a newly created node considered invalid?

2. What, if any, is the expected action between the creation of the node
and the save?

3. Where in the Jackrabbit code is this exception thrown?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Regards,

Doug

Doug McComsey