jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Markus Nix (Mayflower)" <m...@mayflower.de>
Subject Contributing PHP port of JSR 170
Date Mon, 30 May 2005 17:40:32 GMT
Hello Devs,

As JSR 170 becomes more and more popular it is rather obvious
that there is a certain need to provide similar functionality
for other languages.

Since PHP is very strong in glueing things together, it is
possible that the PHP version of JSR 170 might become
a good starting point for tightening JSR 170 compatible
repositories closer to the mass of PHP based content
management systems.

With that in mind, we are happy to offer the PHP port
of JSR 170, implemented entirely in PHP 5 as a
contribution into the jackrabbit community.
This could be the starting point for contributions like client
connectivity to jcr repositories though webdav or even a full
fledged PHP implementation.

Björn and I already signed the CLA (which in the meantime
hopefully found its way to the Apache HQ).

Best Regards,

Markus Nix (mnix@mayflower.de)
Björn Schotte (schotte@mayflower.de)