jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <ju...@zitting.name>
Subject Re: Is there a SVN tag in Jackrabbit for JSR170 Final Release?
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 08:57:55 GMT
Hi,

[It seems I'm experiencing heavy lag in email delivery. Please ignore if
someone already answered this question.]

Alejandro Abdelnur wrote:
> My understanding is that while a project is in Apache incubator no
> release can be made.

I'm not sure if that's true, as just yesterday a release vote was
started on general@i.a.o. However, I think that it has been the policy
of Jackrabbit not to make releases before JSR 170 is ready.

> It would be useful if stable builds are tagged.

True, and I expect that one will be made shortly after the API reaches
1.0. Not knowing the internal schedule of the expert group, I can't tell
when this will happen, but I assume we are talking about weeks instead
of months.

> Is this already happening or being planned?

There's already the ri-1.0 branch, but no definite version has yet been
tagged.

BR

Jukka Zitting