jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Moseley <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: encoding jcr names
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 15:36:05 GMT
Peeter Piegaze wrote:

> Brian, in your case you are going from a some webdavish resource name
> and trying to produce a valid JCR name. The ugliness of the above
> escaping mechanism stems from the limitations of XML. Since JCR names
> do not suffer from these limitations your options for converting your
> resource name to JCR are more open. Off the top of my head I don't
> think URL encoding will conflict with the export to XML...or maybe you
> have an example in mind?

nothing specific. i just wanted to make sure that i don't break anything :)

let's say i PUT or PROPPATCH a webdav resource "brian's calendar". this
would translate into a node named "brian%2cs calendar".

it seems easy enough to unescape the name when pulling the node out of
the repository (during a PROPFIND or GET).

but what if about when i'm querying? in a really dumb case, what if a
user wants to find all of the calendars in my server with "'" in their
name? is it problematic to url escape that parameter when constructing
the jcr query? would the operation be more involved than that?

are there any other jcr operations i'd need to worry about escaping and
unescaping?