jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Pfister <dominique.pfis...@day.com>
Subject Re: Performance issues of using "object" repository rather than "orm"
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 13:31:57 GMT
Philippe Girolami wrote:
>>- non-transactional
> meaning XA or is the Object PM not even atomic when using
> versionning/locking ?
> Ok, I could look at the source myself to figure it out but if you have the
> answer for everyone to share that would be great.

Jackrabbit internally records unsaved changes to a change log and when
it comes to making them persistent, it invokes #store on the persistence
manager implementation. This method is expected to either save ALL or
NOTHING. If some error is returned from this method, Jackrabbit will
rollback all changes made to the in-memory representation of item
states, but it is the responsibility of the persistence manager to
maintain a clean state on its media.

View raw message