jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Edgar Poce <edgarp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Repository Fatal Error
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 04:10:40 GMT
Hi simon

Simon Gash wrote:
> OK I've walked my way through the code and this is what I found.
> I guess the solution would be to encode the xml on storage (& = &amp;),
> I did this manually and it worked fine. I'm not sure if I should be
> checking the new nodes name to ensure its good XML or whether JackRabbit
> should be doing it ? Or how about using the CDATA to block escape
> literal text ?

I think you shouldn't do any check, it's a bug in the XML PM.
One possible fix is to escape the sensitive character ('&'). Or maybe
create a DOM document and use XML serialization, I think this would be
more secure.

If you still want to recover your broken repository you can try the tool
I uploaded to JIRA (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-76). It
will ask you to remove any reference to nodes and properties that the PM
is unable to read. I plan to add a GUI that will let the user navigate
the PM, but it's only a console tool for now :(.

btw, I don't think XML PM + CQFS is a good choice. xml is human readable
but it's no so easy to read/write if it's stored in cqfs. IMHO If you
need to use cqfs for performance reasons you should use Object PM instead.

regards
edgar