jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Edgar Poce <edgarp...@gmail.com>
Subject Exception handling in o.a.j.core.ItemManager (was Repository Fatal Error)
Date Mon, 16 May 2005 17:08:12 GMT
Hi stefan

Stefan Guggisberg wrote:
> On 5/13/05, Simon Gash <Simon.Gash@gossinteractive.com> wrote:
>>This is the repository exception I get
>>
>>[Fatal Error] :30:24: The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in
>>the entity reference.
>>ERROR:  'The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in the entity
>>reference.'
>>java.util.NoSuchElementException: failed to retrieve item state of item
>>e2fa4f29-c6f7-4b46-b0d3-09568f564e0d
>

> please note that neither is a RepositoryException therefor it's hardly
> a "Repository Fatal Error". a stack trace would be helpful.

I guess the full trace is not included because the ItemStateException
catched in ItemManager.createItemInstance(ItemId id) is neither nested
in a new exception nor logged in error level, it's in debug. The same
comment applies to ItemManager.getItemState(ItemId id).
Shouldn't both be nested in the new RepositoryException?

regards
edgar
> cheers
> stefan
>

>>Come visit us at:
>>
>>Internet World 2005. June 14 - 16, Earls Court, Stand # A60
>>
>>Government Computing Expo. June 21 & 22, Earls Court, Stand # 804
>>
>>SOCITM Annual Event. October 16 - 18 Brighton Hotel, Stand # 28
>>GOSS - Ranked 4th in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Awards 2004 and 88th in the Deloitte
Technology Fast 500 EMEA.

>>This email contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally privileged.
>>
>>Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as information
may be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses.
This email and any files attached to it have been checked with virus detection software before
viruses.