jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Edgar Poce <edgarp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Repository Fatal Error
Date Sun, 15 May 2005 08:04:15 GMT
Hi Simon

Simon Gash wrote:
> I'm using JackRabbit to store some RSS feeds but now and again I get a
> fatal error from the repository. I'm guessing that there is some text in
> the RSS title that JackRabbit does not like (I'm attempting to strip out
> punctuation but I'm probably missing something.
Could you provide configuration details? Could you provide the code to
reproduce the error?

> Is there a way of repairing the repository ?
If you use XMLPersistenceManager + LocalFileSystem it shouldn't be
difficult to fix it manually.
There's a consistency check + repair tool in JIRA (JCR-76). I've just
uploaded a new version compatible with the latest jackrabbit version.
It's early code but you might want to give it a try, remember to backup
your repository before running the tool ;). Feedback is welcome.

 > and is there a way of
> validating the input before I use it to create a node ?
I think there's no need to validate the input, if the repository gets
broken it's a bug.

regards
edgar