jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas Ferris Nicolaisen" <thoma...@ifi.uio.no>
Subject Re: TSS post on eXo JCR
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 09:38:12 GMT
<Benjamin Mestrallet quote>
Finally, as a comment I would say that the more implementation we have
(Open Source or not) the faster the specification will be adopted.
Competition is always good if it is a fair one and in that case it is the
case (I wish all our competitors were as nice guys as David Nuescheler
(Spec Lead, Day Software, Inc.) is.
</quote>

Good point, though. I just hope the repositories will be compatible.

We are using Magnolia as a CMS on top of Jackrabbit, and in principle, we
should be able to interchange between eXo's implementation and Jackrabbit
without problems. Not that I seriously believe that will be possible, but
I hope all implementors will be strict in following the spec, less it
won't be adopted by the rest of the community due to implementation
confusion.

-Ferris