jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Edgar Poce <edgarp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JDBC PersistenceManager
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 16:01:08 GMT
Hi

Sean Radford wrote:
> I seem to remeber a message on the list a few weeks back about a JDBC
> PersistenceManager. Anyone know anything about it?
I've just uploaded a few changes. See JCR-91 in JIRA. But it's not ready
  for use because:

1. The PM is called too many times (see
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.jackrabbit.devel/1558). It
makes any implemenentation other than local or cache enabled
particularly slow.

2. The ChangeLog doesn't provide the changes in the order they were
made. Changes can be retrieved only by the type (modified, added,
deleted). This causes that during the process of storing data there are
moments where the repository is in an inconsistent state. Given this,
primary keys can't be used to ensure consistency. It shouldn't be
difficult to patch o.a.j.core.state.ChangeLog.

3. There are a few tests that fail with this implementation. It's
probably a bug. I only ran the tests agains mysql with key contraints
and I checked that some failures are due to [2]. I didn't check all
because I had no time.

 > I *may* have some time next week to play with a JDBC version,
 > so thought
 > I should ask what (if anything) had been done so far.
Any help is appreciated.

regards
edgar