jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Troubles compiling current trunk
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 08:09:00 GMT
Hi Oliver,

Oliver Kiessler wrote:
> hi list,
> I am having problems compiling the current trunk. Tried it on linux and osx:

> /Users/oliver/src/jackrabbit/src/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/search/xpath/XPath.java:795:
> cannot resolve symbol
> symbol  : class SimpleNode
> location: class org.apache.jackrabbit.core.search.xpath.XPath
>   SimpleNode jjtn000 = new SimpleNode(this, JJTRANGEEXPR);

This is because of a package rename see [1]. With the current project
structure generated parser classes are also within the regular source
tree. e.g. your XPath.java class which is not used anymore. we are
currently discussing this issue in [2].

To get your checkout working again, you have to delete the directory:
/Users/oliver/src/jackrabbit/src/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/search
and jackrabbit should compile again.

regards
  marcel

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-110