jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: xpath predicate question
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 08:33:03 GMT
Hi Ryan,

Ryan Dewell wrote:
> I can see that the current version of jackrabbit doesn't support complicated
> paths in predicates.  For example,
>
> folder1/node1[childofnode1/@property='value']
>
> My question is: are more complicated path expressions in the predicate (such
> as the above) due to be supported for the final release?  The specification
> section 6.6.5 seems to indicate that the above xpath should be valid and
> possible, although I may be mistaken.

The grammar actually allows it, but the specification limits the
required support of path expressions in a predicate to the attribute
axis. This is due to translateability to SQL.

> Just curious!  :)  Some future functionality I'm planning in a project would
> be greatly eased with this functionality.

Support for child axis in predicates is one of the items on my
enhancement list for jackrabbit. i cannot give you a date when it
will be implemented, but i hope i'll find time to implement it soon.

regards
  marcel