jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: builtin_nodetypes.xml Invalid
Date Mon, 09 May 2005 11:56:31 GMT
Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> I encountered the same problem and tracked it up to finding that
>> DOMWalker uses an identity transformation from a StreamSource to a
>> DOMResult to parse builtin_nodetypes.xml. Creative use of JAXP :-)
>

> You are probably right about this being the problem.
>
> I'm a big fan of the Transformer interface, but then again I usually
> work with non-namespaced documents. I didn't realize that this might
> cause problems with namespaces, but now that you mentioned it this
> seems like a good explanation for the problems.

I suspect some implementations of the StreamSource -> DomResult identity
transform to use a SAX parser piped to a DOM builder. And a SAX parser
doesn't report namespace declarations as attributes unless the
"http://xml.org/sax/features/namespace-prefixes" property is true,
whereas its default value is false (see ContentHandler's javadoc). So in
such cases, the DOM builder receives all start/endPrefixMapping events,
but not xmlns: attributes.

Sylvain||