jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting ...@yukatan.fi>
Subject Re: builtin_nodetypes.xml Invalid
Date Mon, 09 May 2005 11:30:04 GMT
Hi,

Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> I encountered the same problem and tracked it up to finding that
> DOMWalker uses an identity transformation from a StreamSource to a
> DOMResult to parse builtin_nodetypes.xml. Creative use of JAXP :-)

You are probably right about this being the problem.

I'm a big fan of the Transformer interface, but then again I usually
work with non-namespaced documents. I didn't realize that this might
cause problems with namespaces, but now that you mentioned it this seems
like a good explanation for the problems.

> I changed this rather unusual way of parsing files to a more traditional
> one using DocumentBuilder, and problems vanished, at least in my
> environment.
>
> Would others please cross-check?

The change seems to be fine at least for me, although I haven't
experienced the lost namespaces bug.

BR,

Jukka Zitting