jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: builtin_nodetypes.xml Invalid
Date Mon, 09 May 2005 11:13:44 GMT
Jukka Zitting wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Good to know that you already found a workaround to this problem. Here's
>some thoughts of what might be the cause.
>
>Simon Gash wrote:
>

>>I'm having a problem with a particular installation of jackrabbit
>>running in Eclipse 3.1. I keep getting an exception.
>>
>>javax.jcr.RepositoryException: internal error: invalid built-in node
>>type definition stored in
>>org/apache/jackrabbit/core/nodetype/builtin_nodetypes.xml: Invalid
>>namespace reference in a node type definition: nt: Invalid namespace
>>reference in a node type definition: nt
>>

>It seems as if the xmlns:nt namespace setting is not being read by the
>nodetype reader. The reader code reads all xmlns:* attributes from the
>root element of the nodetype configuration file and uses them to set up
>the namespace mappings.
>
>I recall a problem in some XML parser implementation that loses the
>namespace declaration attributes when using the standard DOM access
>methods. This was a somewhat controversial issue (should the namespace
>attributes be visible?), but I think the correct answer was that they
>should be for standard DOM-level access.

I encountered the same problem and tracked it up to finding that
DOMWalker uses an identity transformation from a StreamSource to a
DOMResult to parse builtin_nodetypes.xml. Creative use of JAXP :-)

I changed this rather unusual way of parsing files to a more traditional
one using DocumentBuilder, and problems vanished, at least in my
environment.

Would others please cross-check?

Sylvain