jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting ...@yukatan.fi>
Subject Re: JCR mapping proposal
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 08:36:36 GMT
Hi,

Sandro Böhme wrote:
> Object / JCR repository mapping tools

Cool!

I'm currently working on opposite mappings (providing JCR adapters for
custom data models), but I might be able to help you in some way.

> As this project especially needs JCR knowledge, probably an independent
> subproject of Jackrabbit using the Jackrabbit mailing list would be the
> perfect place. It would also be natural for a developer to look for a JCR
> mapping tool in the Jackrabbit project.

+1

As Stefano said a few months ago, Jackrabbit should be "the project
where you go for JCR-related technologies", and thus having the mapping
tool as a Jackrabbit subproject would be a good thing.

I had a look at the Graffito subproject, but it seems to be at a very
early stage. Would you be willing to make a working prototype before
moving the project to the Jackrabbit source tree? I assume you'd need
Jackrabbit committer access if and when the mapping tool is to be
developed as a Jackrabbit subproject.

BR,

Jukka Zitting