jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting ...@yukatan.fi>
Subject Re: builtin_nodetypes.xml Invalid
Date Thu, 05 May 2005 18:59:00 GMT

Good to know that you already found a workaround to this problem. Here's
some thoughts of what might be the cause.

Simon Gash wrote:
> I'm having a problem with a particular installation of jackrabbit
> running in Eclipse 3.1. I keep getting an exception.
> javax.jcr.RepositoryException: internal error: invalid built-in node
> type definition stored in
> org/apache/jackrabbit/core/nodetype/builtin_nodetypes.xml: Invalid
> namespace reference in a node type definition: nt: Invalid namespace
> reference in a node type definition: nt

It seems as if the xmlns:nt namespace setting is not being read by the
nodetype reader. The reader code reads all xmlns:* attributes from the
root element of the nodetype configuration file and uses them to set up
the namespace mappings.

I recall a problem in some XML parser implementation that loses the
namespace declaration attributes when using the standard DOM access
methods. This was a somewhat controversial issue (should the namespace
attributes be visible?), but I think the correct answer was that they
should be for standard DOM-level access.

I suspect that this is the cause of your problem, especially as you were
able to fix it by cleaning up the classpath. Can you recall if you had
any specific XML parser implementations on the classpath?

> On investigation I tried to load builtin_nodetypes.xml into xml spy but
> it fails to validate. Is there something wrong or am I missing
> something.

It could well be that the XML file no longer conforms with the inline
DTD included at the beginning of the file. The file is never validated
against the DTD when it is accessed by Jackrabbit. I'll investigate this
and commit a fix if I find the problem.

Jukka Zitting

View raw message