jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: synchronous observation and caches
Date Sun, 17 Apr 2005 18:15:30 GMT
hi ryan,

> Thus, I want triggers as to what is happening in my Session only
> , not the repository as a whole.  Maybe this wouldn't be very
> useful to most, but in my experience has served alot of
> purposes in purely client-side uses (using Hibernate's
> event-like functionality).
ahh... i see.

> I know that JCR is essentially baked, so perhaps it's something for
> a future JackRabbitt feature.
jcr v1.0 is close to being baked. jcr will go through its evolution too,
and have future versions.
so i think implementing a feature in jackrabbit and maybe once it is
proven to work "promoting" it to a jcr feature seems like a
very good, pragmatic approach to me.

> Perhaps I'm not thinking big enough
> and there is a better way to implement this type of thing through some other
> abstraction (the previously discussed "decorator" idea sounds promising).
as i read your email i thought about the "decorator layer" too... i think
jukka originally brought that up...

regards,
david