jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting nodes from a multivalued reference property
Date Sun, 17 Apr 2005 17:27:50 GMT
hi bertrand,

> >This may be surprising. The reasoning behind it is that value instances
> >are not tied to a session. If we introduced a getNode() on Value we
> >would imply that a value is associated with a session.
> That makes sense.
> Why not add an getNodes() method to the Property as we have getNode() ?
> For now, getNode() throws a exception if the property is multivalued.
since there is an almost infinte amount of possible convenience methods
we (somewhat arbitrarily) decided which ones were more frequently
used than others. actually, we tried to limit convenience methods
to a minimum in the api.
maybe after version 1.0 of jsr-170 we have a good understanding of which
additional convenience methods are used frequently, and can add
them to later versions of the spec.
does that make sense ?

regards,
david