jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject JCR and "other repositories"
Date Sun, 17 Apr 2005 15:04:55 GMT
[ was: Re: Getting "custom" objects from the repository? ]

hi christophe,

thanks for your comment this all sounds very interesting and
is probably all worth individual threads. so let me start
with this one ;)

> Just some other words to clarrify Graffito goals :
> 1. Provide a object mapping on the different repository technologies
> (now mainly for  JCR :-) )
sounds very interesting. however, schouldn't jcr serve as such an
abstraction layer? that's certainly one of the design goals of jsr-170.

of course i realize that the market adoption is not comparable to
jdbc (yet ;) ), but translated into the realm of databases this
sounds to me like providing java database connectivity
via jdbc "and others ;)" rather than providing a (minimal) jdbc driver
for those "other databases".

am i completely mistaken?

regards,
david