jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Transaction and locks
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2005 17:39:44 GMT
> When you commit the transaction, the transaction manager will call
> commit on both sA and sB. If sA fails to commit (and it will not fail
> until sA and sB are in prepared state because prepare() is a
> no-op at the moment) it is impossible to rollback the transaction as
> sA AND sB are both instructed to commit by the transaction manager.
> I hope you see my point now. For me, ACIDity seems very highly
> endangered.

i think we all agree that the current in implementation
with the no-op in the prepare is "suboptimal" to put it
in a nicely.

if that's your concern (which i assume everybody shares),
my question is why didn't you just put that is response
to dominique's answer, in that other thread?
i think we would all have agreed, case closed.

what was confusing me was that i have no idea
what this has to do with locking or the spec then?

regards,
david