jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Workspaces
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 18:02:43 GMT
hi ryan,

> Although I wasn't able to access the Content Explorer as jane or bob (I
> received an internal server error),
hmmm... interesting, i just tried that again... both bob:bob
and jane:jane work for me...

> I did browse around with the admin user
> and took a look at your node types for accessControl, etc, as well as the
> folders you'd set up for bob and jane.  To put it bluntly: that's exactly
> what I was trying to describe!
sounds good.

> Of course your gorgeous console makes this
> easier to visualize.
thanks, sometimes having a shared, publically visible gui on
top of a repository can help to "short-circuit" lengthy explainations ;)
at least that has been my experience when talking about content
repositories...

> I don't really have anything to add.  As far as I can tell, your design
> pretty much covers everything I was imagining.  I think this early on in my
> project I'll move forward with the "one workspace" notion knowing that I'm
> going to either need to implement some similar security down the road, or
> will find that jackrabbit's built-in security as evolved a bit more in the
> meantime.
sounds good, i hope we can commit something along those lines
pretty soon.

> Thanks for your help!
no problem, thanks for bringing it up.

regards,