jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Workspaces
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 17:30:41 GMT
> > i would argue that it is a matter of the degree of separation between the
> > user-directories. lessons learned from "unix user home dirs" probably
> > points for most applications into the direction of access control instead of
> > separate workspaces.
> what lessons learned are those?
the lesson i learned was that in most cases it is much more
convenient to use all the users directories as a subtree of a
single filesystem and pretty much let the user decide though
permissions if they want to expose (parts of) their home dir
to other users.
in my experience i can't remember many cases were a
chroot solution added a lot of value.

regards,
david