jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan Dewell" <r...@dewell.org>
Subject Circular node type dependencies
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2005 19:41:48 GMT
Hi,

Is it expected to be possible to create circular node type dependencies?

Example:
Node type A has B nodes as its only child type, and node type B has A nodes
as its only child type.

It works just fine when I initially construct + register the NodeTypeDef's,
ChildNodeTypeDef's etc, and use them in the same session I registered them
in.

However, when I then restart and jackrabbit reads those new definitions from
custom_nodetypes.xml, it no longer works.  The error is:

-------------
Caused by: org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.InvalidNodeTypeDefException:
the following node types could not be registered because of unresolvable
dependencies: <LIST  OF NODE TYPES>

at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.NodeTypeRegistry.internalRegister(NodeTypeRegistry.java:287)
at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.NodeTypeRegistry.<init>(NodeTypeRegistry.java:207)

In summary, the dependencies work when used in the same session where they
where added to NodeTypeRegistry, but the dependencies do not work on the
next go around when read from custom_nodetypes.xml.

Note: I'm using a jackrabbit build from April 8th.

Ryan