jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan Dewell" <r...@dewell.org>
Subject Workspaces
Date Sun, 10 Apr 2005 04:19:48 GMT
Hi, I'm just diving into JR and so far so good.  I'm trying to understand
some concepts, though, related to workspaces and the repository as a whole.

Let's say I have a repository that looks like a file system with user
directories:

/jcr:root/x:users/x:jane/<STUFF>
/jcr:root/x:users/x:bob/<STUFF>
/jcr:root/x:system/<STUFF>

I originally expected to be able to obtain a Session that is rooted at
x:jane or x:bob, all from one global repository workspace.  But, what I'm
seeing right now (through sleepy eyes) is that I'd have to give x:jane and
x:bob different workspaces in repository.xml.  Is this correct?

If workspaces are the preferred (or only) way to get a Session rooted at a
particular Node, then I guess I'm looking for a way to dynamically create
workspaces at runtime without modifying repository.xml.  I see a
createWorkspace in RepositoryImpl, but it is package private.

Any ideas on this are appreciated.  I'm still wrapping my head around some
of this as you can tell.  :)

Ryan