jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jos Potargent <jos.potarg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting "custom" objects from the repository?
Date Sat, 16 Apr 2005 19:40:23 GMT
> >>1) jackrabbit plays the role of an rdbms implementation
> >>2) jcr plays the role of jdbc
> >>

> >So then we still need some "Hibernate for JCR" ...
> >
> >Jos
> >

> Isn't the design of Hibernate such that its back-end storage can be
> swapped for various persistence mechanisms (the one that everyone uses
> being JDBC). So, AFAIK, 1 for JCR could be written.

I think you misunderstood my "joke". Hibernate is an Object-relational
mapping tool. That means I work with Java objects and they are loaded
transparently from the db and saved to the database by the Hibernate
layer. As far as our program know, they just work with objects. I
guess we need some mechanism to match java objects to nodes and

> So, AFAIK, 1 for JCR could be written.

AFAIK in JackRabbit there is already a Hibernate implementation at the backend.

Kind regards,

View raw message