jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cluster and cache question
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2005 16:13:35 GMT
On Apr 4, 2005 11:55 AM, Simon Gash <Simon.Gash@gossinteractive.com> wrote:
> On the other hand the rest of you might want to access a session across
> a cluster, I think that would significantly increase the complexity of
> the design. I'm a fan of IOC (inversion of control) wouldn't the best
> solution be a pluggable design so that the JackRabbit users can provide
> their own particular brand (Tangsol, OS ...) ? Who could possibly be
> against a pluggable design :)

i am ;)
don't get me wrong, i am not against pluggable design in general but
i am strictly against making *core* components pluggable. jackrabbit's
stability, integrity and performance directly depends on the design
and quality of implementation of such core components. i don't want to
put that at risk.

cheers
stefan