jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Tobias Strasser <tobias.stras...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: webdav configuration api
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2005 09:45:49 GMT
> i like the idea, tho i suggest we call them import/export handlers.
sure. i do not have any preferences.

> would the jcr server benefit from this approach as well as the simple
> server?
i'm not sure about this. the jcr server protocol defines a fixed algorithm,
how the jsr170 repository has to be exposed. but maybe a JSR170ImportHandler/
JSR170ExportHandler can help to build a more generic server code base.
angela could shed more light on this...

> how about using commons-chain to provide a chain of responsibility for
> importers and exporters?
>
> this pattern, and commons-chain's implementation (including its
> xml-based configuration) are used in several projects and consequently
> are well understood by the larger developer community.
well, i guess, this is a bit overkill and we would need 2 more
libraries. maybe its just my personal feeling. how would a typical
chain configuration look like?

cheers, tobi

--
Tobias Strasser, Day Management AG, Barfuesserplatz 6, CH - 4001 Basel