jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Gash" <Simon.G...@gossinteractive.com>
Subject RE: examples of writing binary data to JCR
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2005 14:11:46 GMT
Tricky one to answer. Where do you start with any framework. I started
by firstly being able to add vanilla nodes and then started by creating
my own types and then on onto versionable nodes.

I think where you start from really depends where you want to end up :)

I've done my own content explorer. Does anyone know if there is an Open
Source content explorer (using the JSR 170) ? Or has everyone written
their own. I thought someone was going to write one for eclipse ?

Simon

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Sag [mailto:dsag@visualitylife.com]
Sent: 25 April 2005 10:15
To: jackrabbit-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: examples of writing binary data to JCR

Hi people,

Flushed with success from friday's first steps, I am now about to
attempt something a little more ambitions, namely writing some binary
data to the repository.

my first step is to download and read the JCR spec - only 250 odd pages.
however i cn only assume that this has been done by someone else before,
someone who knows exactly what to do for a simple case anyway.  so if
anyone has any second-steps examples or even clues on where in the spec
i would best focus my time, please I am all ears

cheers

dave

This email contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally privileged.

Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as information may be
intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses. This
email and any files attached to it have been checked with virus detection software before
viruses.

GOSS - Ranked 4th in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Awards 2004 and 88th in the Deloitte
Technology Fast 500 EMEA.