jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Gash" <Simon.G...@gossinteractive.com>
Subject RE: cluster and cache question - some coffee break material
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2005 08:47:01 GMT
> Maybe another solution would be to simply deactivate caching and use a

> PersistenceManager layer cache for clustering setups. For example by
> using Hibernate's cache and clustering support and completely
> deactivate the ItemStateManager's caches. I don't know what this would

> do to performance though...

Don't think I'd advocate that kind of approach either.

Stefan mentions that the replication of application state is far more
complicated than just synchronising the caches (all of them). I don't
have enough knowledge of the code to disagree but when the development
team is ready to start considering clustering (whenever that may be)
then my vote would be to make the cache (a recourse similar to the PM)
pluggable.

In the meantime I'm off to try and get my head around the rest of the
code ;)

Simon

PS Don't forget its almost Spring time (ioc)....;)