jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: How to run the TCK
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2005 19:51:11 GMT
Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> On Apr 26, 2005, at 12:16 PM, McComsey, Doug wrote:
>> *    Can the TCK be run against a non-jackrabbit implementation?
>

> Yes, that is its purpose in life.

to run the test cases against another repository implementation, you
need to implement a class that extends
org.apache.jackrabbit.test.RepositoryStub. For an example how that is
done for jackrabbit see: org.apache.jackrabbit.core.JackrabbitRepositoryStub

Then you need to register the class name in a properties file (see
applications/test/repositoryStubImpl.properties for an example) that is
passed to the jvm via the option: -Djavax.jcr.tck.properties or make
sure the property file is available through the classloader as a
resource. which is the case when tests are run against jackrabbit with
the 'maven test' command.

>> *    The build I downloaded (164633), which uses jcr 16.4, seems to
>> have dependencies on jcr version 16.2 in examples, jcr-ext, and
>> tck-web-app Why is that?
>
> I think that was just fixed by Marcel.  We are in the final stages
> of building the TCK right now, so the test cases are changing
> rapidly this week as we find and fix bugs due to recent spec
> changes and find places where more coverage is required.

that is indeed a revision where the tck-webapp is not up-to-date with
jcr 0.16.4. the current head version however should work fine.

regards
  marcel