jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FYI: new "jcr:" URL scheme in Cocoon
Date Sat, 23 Apr 2005 12:45:49 GMT
David Nuescheler wrote:

>hi sylvain,
>
>that's fantastic news. thanks a lot.
>i think this will greatly help people to access their "file centric"
>content directly from content repositories within cocoon.

Exactly. Using JCR at first as some sort of filesystem is certainly key
for broader adoption and use of more advanced features (talking about my
own case here!)

>on a completely different topic, i wondered if something like a
>JCRGenerator leveraging the ContentHandler on
>Session.exportDocumentView() would make any sense at all?

Yes, it fully makes sense. But we also have better than that: a Cocoon
protocol handler also has the ability to implement "XMLizable", an
interface that provides a single toSAX(ContentHandler) method, for use
by those protocol handlers that have native XML abilities. This avoids
an unnecessary serialization/parsing when we want an XML stream rather
than byte stream.

So the jcr protocol handler can benefit of this feature as well. Not
done yet, but will be added in a near future!

>To me it was always intrieguing to have a repository as a
>flexible and scalable source of sax events...

Well, let's wait and see what people do with this interesting feature :-)

Sylvain