jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject FYI: new "jcr:" URL scheme in Cocoon
Date Sat, 23 Apr 2005 08:32:49 GMT
Hi all,

I'd like to inform fellow jackrabbit'ers that I added JCR support as a
new URL scheme in Cocoon.

What does that mean? Cocoon has an extensive support for custom URL
schemes. Along with the regular JDK-defined schemes (file, http, etc),
Cocoon has additional schemes such as "context" (the webapp context),
"resource" (classpath), "blob" (database binary objects), "xmldb"
(native XML databases) and even "cvs" (a CVS repo). Every time a Cocoon
application accesses a data stream it used this extended scheme
infrastructure.

So what I added is a new "jcr" scheme allowing to use
"jcr://path/to/file" just as we use "file://path/to/file", making basic
read/write/traversal operations on a repository totally transparent. For
more details, see [1].

Hopefully this will boost the adoption of JCR in the Cocoon world!

Sylvain

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=111424454124360&w=2