jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: first steps
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2005 15:19:45 GMT
Dave Sag wrote:
> funny but there is no mention of the need to do this on
> http://incubator.apache.org/jackrabbit/firststeps.html

well, the workspace.xml is created by jackrabbit out of the
repository.xml. the repository.xml file kind of acts as a template for
the workspace.xml configuration when a new workspace is created. that
means you don't have to manually create it actually.

I mentioned it because your jackrabbit instance did not start up, but
still was maybe able to create the workspace.xml file without the class
attribute in the SearchIndex tag.

It's a common mistake I do sometimes ;) changing the repository.xml
config on an existing repository and then wondering why the workspace
instances still behave the same as before.

> following Marcel's suggestion I have grabbed the latest code from your
> svn.  fyi the build generates a couple of test failures
>
>    [junit] [ERROR] TEST org.apache.jackrabbit.test.api.version.TestAll
> FAILED
>     [junit] [ERROR] TEST org.apache.jackrabbit.test.api.nodetype.TestAll
> FAILED

yes, we are aware of that.

regards
  marcel