jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: TCK question: XML export
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2005 07:59:33 GMT
Hi Maxim,

The system view does not need to escape the name of a property or a node
because the name is represented as the value of an attribute. e.g:

<sv:property sv:name="myapp:title" sv:type="String">
     <sv:value>JSR 170</sv:value>
</sv:property>

this is different in the document view, where myapp:title becomes the
name of an attribute:

<foo myapp:title="JSR 170"/>

here you have to escape characters that are not valid. e.g. a node name
like 'My Documents':

<My_x0020_Documents myapp:title="JSR 170">

regards
  marcel