jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JAAS support
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:48:31 GMT
Stefan Guggisberg wrote:

>hi sylvain,
>
>On 3/7/05, Sylvain Wallez <sylvain@apache.org> wrote:
>

>>No, it currently doesn't work. But having pluggable authentication is
>>planned and should come soon. We're waiting for Jukka to finish the
>>ongoing configuration refactoring before adding this new feature.
>>
>>BTW, if nobody objects, I volunteer for this change to exercise my
>>Jackrabbit committer status :-)
>>

>i guess you were too busy lately and didn't find the time to do the changes.
>do you see a chance that you can do them in the next couple of days? if not,
>do you want to do them later or should we do i?

Well, know what? I wrote these changes no later than this morning and
was awaiting svn and the mail to come back :-)

Mail seems ok now, but svn doesn't answer yet. I'll commit these changes
ASAP.

Basically, my changes add a new <LoginModule class="..."/> within the
<Security> configuration element. If LoginModule is present, we use it,
otherwise we use the standard JAAS mechanism.

Sylvain