jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Moseley <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: xml import/export in simple webdav server
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2005 09:20:30 GMT
Tobias Strasser wrote:

> you are completely correct, the xml roundtripping does not work
> properly yet.

ok. i'm glad i wasn't missing something. i know how annoying it is when
people don't rtfm.

> those issues render the default docview import/export of jsr170 useless
> for this kind of application. we are about to define a more reliable
> format for xml-roundtripping, primarily be specifying a set of node types
> that map the xml-dom. we probably cannot make use of the existing
> docview import/export, but must write an own handler for this purpose.
> this is no problem, since the webdav server dictates the way how the
> content should be stored.

great, i'm looking forward to that. i can probably get by with what's
there now, given the content.getNodes().next() workaround, but
ultimately i would like to be able to hand back to my webdav client
exactly what it gave me.

i'm curious what your timeframe is for the new roundtripping format?

> btw: Day's CRX includes a nice tool for browsing a jcr repository.
>      take a look at the 'content explorer' in http://jsr170tools.day.com/

wow, yeah, that is really nice! any chance of an open source version? :)