jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Moseley <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject webdav configuration api
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2005 20:08:12 GMT
it's pretty clear that we need a way to pass configuration info between
the various webdav components. here are a few examples where config info
is needed:

1) DavResourceImpl:319 - toggle makeVersionable flag on or off
2) DavResourceImpl:333 - toggle xml import on or off
3) NodeResource:74 - toggle dir listings on or off; generate dir listing
ourself or set the node as a request attribute and forward somewhere else

what would be the right way to pass config info?

my first instinct is to create a DavConfig interface within the servlet
and pass instances of it to the other objects as they're constructed.
the config info could be specified in servlet init params or a
properties file or even other mechanisms, each managed by a DavConfig
implementation.

are there any alternate proposals? does anybody object to me working up
a patch for this?