jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Moseley <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Item.remove() access control
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2005 21:36:14 GMT
i'm having an access control problem when removing an item (via WebDAV,
but i suspect that's not relevant).

i'm issuing DELETE /webdav/bcm/litmus-results.txt as a regular user of
my server who only has permissions on /webdav/bcm and below.
DavResourceImpl calls remove() on the Item in question. somewhere below,
my AccessManager is asked if read permission isGranted() on /. the
answer to this question is false, and the DELETE fails with a 403.

if i then stop my server and restart it, the repository seems to be out
of whack, in that PROPFIND /webdav/bcm/litmus-results.txt returns empty
properties D:getlastmodified, D:getcontentlength, etc.

why is read permission checked on /? and what causes the erroneous
PROPFIND response after the failed DELETE?

thanks!