jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: cluster and cache question
Date Sat, 02 Apr 2005 22:27:04 GMT
Edgar Poce wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm trying to use jackrabbit in a cluster scenario. Since jdbc calls
> are rather expensive caching results is a common practice, but as you
> all pointed PMs are not designed to be smart. So, do you think caching
> should be in the PM?, it should be somewhere else?, it shouldn't be at
> all? any more option?

I am no expert in clustering and would rather like to learn myself how
to do this, but I guess re caching it's important that the cache
or parts of if can get flushed if something is changing. I really
don't have enough understanding, but wouldn't it be best to provide/attach
such a cache directly within Jackrabbit itself?

Thanks

Michi

--
Michael Wechner