jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Edgar Poce <edgarp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cluster and cache question
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 23:21:38 GMT

> I am no expert in clustering and would rather like to learn myself how
> to do this, but I guess re caching it's important that the cache
> or parts of if can get flushed if something is changing.
I'm not an expert either but I used OScache in some projects and it's a
great product. It has clustering support out of the box. I've never used
the custering option but I'll give it a try soon. See
http://www.opensymphony.com/oscache/wiki/Clustering.html.

 > I really
> don't have enough understanding, but wouldn't it be best to provide/attach
> such a cache directly within Jackrabbit itself?

Since in most cases it has no sense to cache data stored in the local
file system (maybe in mem) I intuitively think caching is a PM related
issue, but then again I might be wrong.

regards
edgar