jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Edgar Poce <edgarp...@gmail.com>
Subject cluster and cache question
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 16:24:12 GMT
Hi

I'm trying to use jackrabbit in a cluster scenario. Since jdbc calls are
rather expensive caching results is a common practice, but as you all
pointed PMs are not designed to be smart. So, do you think caching
should be in the PM?, it should be somewhere else?, it shouldn't be at
all? any more option?

I'm thinking of a cluster scenario with
jdbc PM + distributed cache + jackrabbit
instead of
any PM + jackrabbit + rmi server + rmi client

I prefer the first config because there are products that build the
cache on each server and don't pass the cached objects around the cluster.

  It seems I often feel tempted to bad practices :(, so I'd like to know
your opinion before taking a decision.

thanks in advance
edgar