jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting ...@yukatan.fi>
Subject Node type differences between Jackrabbit and JSR 170
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 10:46:44 GMT
Hi,

I just committed (rev. 159677) another part of my ongoing JDOM to
standard DOM conversion process (JCR-54). Instead of replacing JDOM code
with equivalent DOM code, the committed change actually removes all XML
handling from PredefinedNodeTypeTest (see the commit message for details).

As a part of this rewrite, I detected the following differences between
Jackrabbit node types and the ones specified by JSR 170:

mix:versionable/jcr:baseVersion/AutoCreate = false, should be true
mix:versionable/jcr:baseVersion/Mandatory = false, should be true
mix:versionable/jcr:isCheckedOut/Mandatory = false, should be true
mix:versionable/jcr:predecessors/Mandatory = false, should be true
mix:versionable/jcr:versionHistory/Mandatory = false, should be true
nt:version/jcr:frozenNode/SameNameSibs = false, should be true
nt:frozenNode/jcr:frozenMixinTypes/RequiredType = NAME, should be STRING
nt:frozenNode/jcr:frozenPrimaryType/RequiredType = NAME, should be STRING
nt:resource/jcr:mimetype/Name = jcr:mimeType, should be jcr:mimetype

The Mandatory flags in mix:versionable have been tagged with the FIXME
message "currently set to non-mandatory as workaround for initialization
issue" but I could not find justification for the other differences.

The nt:frozenNode definition seems to be better in Jackrabbit than in
JSR 170, perhaps the definition should be fixed in the spec?

I was thinking about creating Jira issues of these differences, but
didn't do so, as they already cause unit test failures. :-)

BR,

Jukka Zitting