jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Serge Huber <shub...@jahia.com>
Subject Re: jackrabbit-orm tests not running out-of-the-box
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 08:43:05 GMT

Hi Marcel,

I tried to reply to Thomas' mail but I'm having trouble getting the mail 
through. Basically I have been working on correcting all this but was 
side-tracked by my regular company work. I have a patch that helps a 
lot, but doesn't run all the tests (I was talking about these problems 
on this list, about NodeReferences).

Regards,
  Serge Huber.

Marcel Reutegger wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> Unfortunately the orm-persistence contribution is not up-to-date with 
> the current state of jackrabbit. One other file that is not in sync 
> with  jackrabbit is: custom_nodetypes.xml in 
> orm-persistence\applications\test\repository\nodetypes
>
> if you copy over the one from 
> trunk\applications\test\repository\nodetypes you should be able to at 
> least make another step towards running the tests. I tried it on my 
> machine but now i get error like:
>
> 0 [main] ERROR net.sf.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaUpdate.execute:141 
> - Unsuccessful: create table JCR_BLOB (BLOB_ID integer generated by 
> default as identity (start with 1), PARENT_UUID varchar(255), 
> PROP_NAME varchar(255), VALUE_INDEX integer, BLOB_SIZE bigint, 
> BLOB_VALUE varbinary(255))
>
> Serge, can you help us out here?
>
> Because the orm-persistence contribution is so tightly coupled with 
> the jackrabbit test cases, we should probably use svn:externals to 
> include the necessary resources. That way they are always in sync.
>
> comments, other ideas?
>
> regards
>  marcel
>
> Thomas Ferris Nicolaisen wrote:
>
>> Hi list,
>>
>> Seeming nobody else have had this problem, I wouldn't normally post 
>> such a
>> newbish post on a dev-list, but as of now there aren't many other places
>> to ask.
>>
>> I'm currently in a school project related to CMS-systems and we're 
>> trying
>> out some various open-source solutions supporting the project. We think
>> that implementing Jackrabbit with Hibernate-persistence would be good 
>> step
>> forward.
>>
>> So I'm trying it out, but I can't get the orm-persistence tests working
>> out-of-the-box. The main jackrabbit tests work fine, though.
>>
>> My specs: Windows XP, ~850MHz, 256MB ram (too weak for hsqldb?)
>>
>> What I do (as figured out from the readme's):
>>
>> 1) Checkout from svn-rep into c:\projects\jackrabbit
>> 2) Run 'maven jar:install' in the dir above. This takes time, but 
>> doesn't
>> produce any more error than jackrabbit's maven project report shows.
>> 3) Change dir to c:\projects\jackrabbit\contrib\orm-persistence
>> 4) Run 'maven clean'
>> 5) Run 'maven start.test.server'. Works fine. "Listening for 
>> connections ..."
>> 6) Open a new shell, go to 
>> c:\projects\jackrabbit\contrib\orm-persistence
>> 7) Run 'maven'
>>
>> This produces nothing but failures with ConfigurationExceptions. The
>> orm-persistance goal includes running the normal jackrabbit-tests, which
>> have configuration files (repository.xml and workspace.xml) built 
>> into the
>> source directories
>> (c:\projects\jackrabbit\src\test\org\apache\jackrabbit\core\config).
>>
>> The jackrabbit maven goals include these resource files, but the
>> jackrabbit-orm maven goals do not.
>>
>> 8) I modify the orm-persistence project.xml to include the resource 
>> files
>> in ../../src/test.
>>
>> Upon doing this I get a new configuration error saying that there is no
>> class called org.apache.jackrabbit.test.JackrabbitRepositoryStub.
>>
>> 9) I change the javax.jcr.tck.repository_stub_impl property in
>>
>> C:\projects\jackrabbit\contrib\orm-persistence\applications\test\repositoryStubImpl.properties

>>
>>
>> to org.apache.jackrabbit.core.JackrabbitRepositoryStub.
>>
>> Now I get another error because the security element is missing in
>>
>> C:\projects\jackrabbit\contrib\orm-persistence\applications\test\repository.xml 
>>
>>
>> 10) I add this element into repository.xml:
>>
>>     <Security appName="Jackrabbit">
>>         <AccessManager
>> class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.SimpleAccessManager">
>>         </AccessManager>
>>     </Security>
>>
>> and so that error disappears.
>>
>> I am now stuck with one error I can't resolve. See the maven report 
>> below:
>>
>> http://folk.uio.no/thomafni/temp/maven-orm-persistence/junit-report.html
>>
>> After two days of fiddling, this is as close as I've got to get the
>> jackrabbit-orm tests to work. I'm probably on the totally wrong track to
>> get this working, so please give me a push in the right direction.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Thomas Ferris Nicolaisen
>>
>>
>


Mime
View raw message