jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Christophe Lombart <christophe.lomb...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Getting "custom" objects from the repository?
Date Sun, 17 Apr 2005 09:49:53 GMT
Correct ! We want to start this kind of Object-JCR mapping in Graffito.
Of course, the default implementation is based on Jackrabbit. We have
started a subproject which can be run outside Graffito (in any other
CMS framework/application). It is still under dev but you are welcome
to join us to discuss about that
(http://incubator.apache.org/graffito/). Please consider the code as a
proposal and it will be changed ASAP.

Just some other words to clarrify Graffito goals :
1. Provide a object mapping on the different repository technologies
(now mainly for  JCR :-) )
2. Add some services & components  like workflow, schdeluler, ... that
can run in any CMS applications.
3. Build applications and JSR-168 portlets based on theses services
(doc management, CMS, forum, ...).

As you can see, Graffito is not a Content repo like Jackrabbit but
more a full CMS/DM application which can be integrated in portals like
Jetspeed.

Reagards,
Christophe