jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: How to run the TCK
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2005 19:25:31 GMT
On Apr 26, 2005, at 12:16 PM, McComsey, Doug wrote:
> I am trying to run the Technology Compatibility Kit.

Er, no, the TCK won't be available until after the Spec
is approved in final ballot.

> *	Is there a document that explains how to install and run the TCK?

Yes, in the TCK.

> *	Is the TCK part of Jackrabbit or jsr170?

No.  However, all of the code that goes into building the TCK
will be in Jackrabbit as well, in the form of unit tests and
a test harness.  But that isn't the TCK (the official one).
If your code passes all of Jackrabbit's test cases once they
are complete, then it shouldn't have a problem with the official
TCK when it becomes available.

> *	Can the TCK be run against a non-jackrabbit implementation?

Yes, that is its purpose in life.

> *	The build I downloaded (164633), which uses jcr 16.4, seems to
> have dependencies on jcr version 16.2 in examples, jcr-ext, and
> tck-web-app Why is that?

I think that was just fixed by Marcel.  We are in the final stages
of building the TCK right now, so the test cases are changing
rapidly this week as we find and fix bugs due to recent spec
changes and find places where more coverage is required.

....Roy