jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Dekany <ddek...@freemail.hu>
Subject Getting "custom" objects from the repository?
Date Sat, 16 Apr 2005 04:16:20 GMT
I suppose most applications want to work with objects like mycms.User,
mycms.PageTemplate, myapp.Book, etc., rather than directly with the tree
of items that JCR shows. I don't see what's the intended way of doing
this. With a concrete example: I would like to store page templates in
the repository, which are complex and frequently used objects, so they
shouldn't be recreated from a binary property (or from string string
property, whatever) every time they are read from the repository (that
is, for each page hits). I could use cache in front of JCR that caches
the template objects, but how to ensue that the cache is in sync with
the repository? Of course no hazards and unpredictable delays are
allowed after the repository was modified.

What's the planned way of doing things like this?

(I know this is not a Jackrabbit but a JCR question and I apologize for
that, but I didn't found a more suitable public list.)

--
Best regards,
 Daniel Dekany