jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting ...@yukatan.fi>
Subject Re: JCR-RMI RangeIterator performance
Date Sat, 16 Apr 2005 05:05:24 GMT
Hi,

Edgar Poce:
> btw, Is there any progress in the components of your contrib proposal.
> I'm particularly interested in the audit trail layer.

Ah, yes. I actually have quite a lot of code available and I've been
thinking about moving it to Jackrabbit. However much of the code is
alpha-level and not very well documented so I haven't wanted to push it
forward.

Anyhow, I think it is better if I share what I have now to give a
picture of where I've been heading. But consider yourselves warned. :-)

About the audit layer: I have a part of the generic decorator layer
ready, but I haven't yet pushed the idea further to avoid issues with
the API changes (the decorator layer effectively touches the entire
API). Now that we're going to 0.16.4, I feel a bit safer to go forward.
Any idea if more major renaming/restructuring changes are ahead before
JCR 1.0?

BR,

Jukka Zitting